Only imagine having fun while doing your homework. It’s possible if it’s a David Sedaris essay. As a recognized American comedian and humorist, Sedaris can make you laugh and think and really enjoy doing your homework.
Links to David Sedaris’ Essays OnlineGet your 100% original paper
on any topic with 15% OFF Learn more
The first thing you may need to write a good essay on David Sedaris’ stories is access to full text. Here I’ve done some work for you:
- ‘The Youth in Asia’, ‘Jesus Shaves’, and ‘Giant Dreams Midget Abilities’
- ‘Big Boy’
- ‘Six to Eight Black Men’
- ‘Me Talk Pretty One Day’
- ‘Barrel Fever’
These stories are really short, so you may want to read them. I promise – you won’t regret it.
David Sedaris’ Essays: Best Quotes for Your Paper
Just in case you really have no time for reading, check out the following quotes. Sedaris’ modern and inimitable sense of humor will inevitably make you laugh and write your paper much faster:
- “I hate you’ she said to me one afternoon. ‘I really, really hate you.’ Call me sensitive, but I couldn’t help but take it personally” Me Talk Pretty One Day
- “When asked “What do we need to learn this for?” any high-school teacher can confidently answer that, regardless of the subject, the knowledge will come in handy once the student hits middle age and starts working crossword puzzles in order to stave off the terrible loneliness” Me Talk Pretty One Day
- “I just looked at the pattern of my life, decided I didn’t like it, and changed” Barrel Fever
- “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings” Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim.
- “I often see people on the streets dressed as objects and handing out leaflets. I tend to avoid leaflets, but it breaks my heart to see a grown man dressed as a taco.” Holidays on Ice
- “I haven’t got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out” Naked
- “He looked as though his life had not only passed him by but paused along the way to spit in his face”.
So, no matter what topic you choose for your essay on David Sedaris and his works – the laws of life, relations between women and men, destiny or the modern realities, it’ll always be fun. Sedaris’ sarcastic remarks will make your day and the day of your teachers.