Do you know what all A+ research papers have in common that most other papers lack?
A good research paper topic.
And what’s the best place to find interesting research paper topics for college students?
You guessed it.
Here are 100+ excellent topics for research papers on business, psychology, computer science, and other subjects—all fresh, thought-provoking, and free.
💼 Good Research Paper Topics on Business
Need some business-related topics for your research paper?
Of course you do. The business world is changing all the time. We help you stay updated.
Choose any of the fresh ideas for research papers below, and you’ll show that you have your finger on the pulse of modern business:
- The roots of Apple fanaticism: best marketing lessons.
- Word of mouth: a never-dying marketing form.
- How Facebook can be good for business: welcome to the new age of branding.
- Is business leadership a skill that can be learned?
- Does the link of pay to performance really make employees loyal?
- Global standardization vs. local customization: which is better?
- Internal promotions vs. external recruiting: pros and cons.
- Is a strong presence in home countries obligatory for multinational corporations?
- Management by walking around (MBWA): stress for employees or boost for productivity?
- Is the AIDA formula restricting creative advertising?
- How can a sales letter avoid the waste bin?
Still looking for a good research paper topic for business management?
- Corporate concerns: poverty elimination
Discuss the ways the corporations may contribute to the social development. The notion of corporate social responsibility regarding poverty alleviation becomes one of the most important ones as it shows the corporations’ awareness and the intents to improve the current state of affairs.
- Tendencies in labor relations
Anticipate the issues that are likely to occur in 2025 based on the contemporary labor trends and challenges. Begin with the research paper proposal and note some related business subjects and business research problems.
- Diversity in organizational contexts
Another example of exciting research. Nowadays globalization drives a rapid change and development by making a lot of people of different ages, races, ethnicities, and gender work together. How should companies organize their work environment to ensure diversity?
- The business concept of personal networking as a communication tool in the business area
Reflect on the following research subjects: the more people you meet, the bigger the circle of your acquaintances, and the higher the chances of finding the best customers, partners, employers, or employees.
- E-business and globalization processes
Using the experience of Amazon or some other global corporation operating in e-business, identify the role of integration and supply-chain management (SCM) perspectives.
- Leadership in the 21st century
What are the styles and strategies modern leaders use to succeed? Address the existing challenges and determine opportunities they have. Focus your attention on the global trends and experiences of different companies. This topic is good for a 10-page research paper.
👓 11 Easy Research Paper Topics on the Social Sciences
To avoid falling asleep in the middle of your investigation, choose a good research paper topic on social studies.
Social science subjects usually have really good argumentative research topics. Our favorite are the psychology research paper topics!
- Is a woman’s place at work?
- Does the concept of the “survival of the fittest” work in the college cafeteria?
- Is it good for society when we share personal information online?
- Is the double discrimination of black women a thing of the past?
- Is it ethical to have a control group in nursing research?
- Cancer survivor’s mastectomy photos on Facebook: pornography or cancer awareness?
- Fighting accidental able-ism: educating the masses.
- Population ageing vs. world overpopulation: where’s the balance?
- What makes cyberspace a world of opportunity for bullies?
- Why is there so much gun violence in America compared to other developed countries?
- Conflict theory applied to Gerard Depardieu’s registration as a Russian resident and his tax row with France.
- Teen pregnancy prevention
Should parents control a sexual life of their children and be responsible for abortion? Is it ethical?
- How does social media impact interpersonal communication between people?
On the one hand, social networks and messengers bring us closer to each other. On the other hand, it tends to decrease real-life communication by replacing it with online chatting. Consider writing a persuasive research paper.
- Discuss gender stereotypes at a workplace
Even though the society strives to eliminate gender-associated discrimination, it is still present in many workplaces. Come up with relevant examples from the media and suggest the ways to address the given topic.
- Global citizenship: advantages and disadvantages
Pay attention to such issues as understanding the global entity and being its integral part.
- Interracial marriages
Do they promote tolerance or contribute to discrimination? Access data provided by official agencies to understand the number of such marriages across the world and identify your position towards this situation as well as research suggestions.
- The Internet and the perceptions of truth
How did the widespread use of the Internet change people’s understanding of reality? Create a sociology research paper and focus on the role of both online and offline media in today’s world.
- Ethics of child adoption by same-sex couples
Is it appropriate to allow them adopting children as traditional couples do? Should the procedures be the same, and how to determine their responsibility and readiness for child adoption?
🎓 11 Cool Research Paper Topic Ideas on Education
Do you need good term paper topics on education? Here is a list to choose from:
- Do online students cheat more than their peers in brick-and-mortar colleges?
- Can it ever be too late to study? Age-specific learning characteristics.
- Do some innovations make students lazier?
- A popular myth about bilingualism: learning two languages confuses a child.
- Young teachers’ self-esteem is the key to their success.
- Do modern schools make students literate or educated?
- Should society worry about the growth of unschooling and homeschooling?
- Better alternatives to standardized tests: are there any?
- Learning should be a two-way street: students teaching teachers.
- The role of Wikipedia in modern education.
- Should we use educational video games in the classroom?
- Motivation in education
How to properly stimulate students to achieve excellent results in learning? What are the fundamental theories and strategies that may be applied?
- Learning environment
Context and curriculum are the main elements of learning that characterize the educational process. Consider various learning environments and their role in learning. For example, compare rural and urban or traditional and inclusive education.
- Teachers’ cultural awareness
Another fascinating subject to research. How to prepare teachers so that they can promote diversity among students and staff and ensure active learning and teaching? Talk about the initiatives that were already introduced and the ones that are to be implanted shortly.
- Standardized tests
Can such tests reveal a student’s knowledge and skills instead of focusing on standard points? Are they capable of reflecting students’ awareness of one or another theme or subject?
- Responsive classroom management
Teachers have moved from the primitive responding to students’ needs to a cultural one through emphasizing their behaviors and expectations. Identify your position regarding this issue and complete your psychology research paper.
- What should be done to improve teacher education?
How to improve the educational results by using the pedagogical leadership? What are the concrete steps to introduce this method of management in schools? How the difficulties that arise in the way of using the technology of pedagogical leadership can be addressed?
Found our research paper topics about education useful? We’ve got some more.
🔬 11 Perfectly Good Science Research Topics
Research paper topics in science usually make the most interesting topics to research, for the universe is vast and full of mysteries.
So go ahead and check out these unique writing prompts for your next science project:
- The farming industry’s impact on the environment: who is the biggest culprit?
- What causes the development of Tourette syndrome in humans?
- Can a generation-wide traumatic event or experience really leave a genetic footprint, as behavioral epigenetics suggests?
- What causes the aurora borealis, also known as the Northern Lights?
- Comets, asteroids, meteors, and meteorites—what’s the difference?
- Animal hibernation: biological functions and causes.
- Under what conditions can a disease be successfully eradicated?
- The use of nanotechnology in contact lenses: science fiction or soon-to-be reality?
- The hope of cryonics: a desperate attempt to resurrect yourself or a feasible possibility?
- The science behind the movie Interstellar: how close are we to space colonization?
- Vaccine controversy: how one unreliable study produced long-lasting consequences?
- Development prospects and features of information society we live in
Discuss the modern society and continuously developing science. How does one affect the other?
- Great geographical discoveries and development of applied knowledge in history, navigation and cartography
In your history research paper, include discoveries made by Columbus, Magellan, Polo, and so on.
- The scientific picture of the world and new ideological guidelines of civilizational development
Determine the main trends and challenges faced by the contemporary science and conclude with its perspectives.
- Space exploration: problems and prospects
Inventions of super-powerful quantum computers in the 21st-century promise many new studies of already known planets and stars and the discovery of new distant corners of the universe.
- Links between science, culture, and civilization
How are these elements connected and interdependent? Can we develop our society based on science but without culture?
- Is it appropriate to use nanotechnologies to modify products and feed people?
Pay attention to pros and cons of genetically modified foods.
- Why was Pluto excluded from the range of planets?
How scientists determined its nature and came to this decision?
Also, consider these scientific subjects for research papers to come up with brilliant ideas!
💻 11 Research Paper Topics in Computer Science
Such a vibrant and dynamic field is bound to produce some great research questions.
We picked a handful of information technology-related topics that make good research topics for college students.
- The problem of formalizing human skills and capabilities in artificial intelligence objects.
- At the crossroads of biology and computer science: the promise of computational neuroscience.
- The issue of gamification and the potential of computer-assisted education.
- Handling big data: data mining and data processing architecture.
- Ethical issues in computer science: should software companies compromise their security to comply with the law?
- The challenge of communication network implementation in outer space.
- How can the security and safety of self-driving cars be ensured?
- Politics and computer science: the case of network restrictions in oppressive regimes.
- Can we “E” everything? The premise of e-governments.
- The challenge of building network infrastructure in developing countries.
- Is the sky the limit? The limits of computer-aided communication and computation.
In case you need broader topics to explore in your senior research paper, here is the list of additional themes:
- Internet as the most important innovation
The global web has densely settled in our daily life. It plays a huge role in the society, economics, politics, and culture. But what’s its origin?
- Opportunities and prospects for the development of computer graphics
Working with computer graphics is one of the most popular directions for using a personal computer. And this is true not only for professional artists and designers but also for ordinary users.
- Copyright and the Internet
For this exciting research project, discuss the subject of copyright, which is often breached on the internet.
Should we use robotic suits in the industry?
- Why and how? If you are one of those who’ve seen all the parts of the “Iron Man,” you probably were delighted with the iron costume that Tony Stark put on to fight with villains. This is a perfect fit for an analytical research paper.
- Can robots and artificial intelligence excel people in thinking and developing?
Is artificial intelligence capable of posing a serious threat to humanity? Pay attention to the recent discoveries made in this field and present your suggestions.
- Bitcoin and identity theft
Should we invest in this peer-to-peer payment system with the data transfer protocol as a means to protect individuals and prevent identity theft on the internet?
- Drones and security provision
Some of them carry beacons and life rafts, so they can immediately help anyone in distress. Consider situations that require the use of drones.
😎 11 Easiest Research Topics
Sometimes, good research paper topics are simply the easiest ones.
If that’s what you’re after, then here you go:
- The pros and cons of legalizing marijuana: medical vs. recreational use.
- Is the current level of national student debt sustainable?
- Nuclear and renewable energy: irreconcilable alternatives or complementary energy sources?
- Controlling pollution: approaches by different governments.
- The causes and effects of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children.
- How does exercise affect one’s health?
- The pros and cons of affirmative action.
- What causes depression and how can it be treated?
- How has 9/11 affected the American politics of security?
- The history of same-sex unions in the United States.
- The impact of substance abuse on a person’s health.
- Causes of crimes
The importance of this problem lies in the fact that without studying the causes and conditions, crimes are quite difficult to prevent. Interesting research papers present the core of the issue as well as brief discussion.
- Does class attendance matter for students?
Writing a research paper, provide arguments to reject or support the mentioned topic. Be specific and rely on your own experience.
- The role of family values in a person’s life
Every family acts as an intermediary between an individual and society. It also helps a person to establish oneself in a community and protects the sphere of his or her personal life. Do you believe that without family it is impossible to be successful?
- Do children and teenagers become smarter than their parents because of the Internet?
Ask the opinions of your peers and present your attitude.
- Do you believe that dieting is useful for weight reduction and obesity prevention?
Discuss different dieting strategies and tips.
- Verbal vs. non-verbal communication
Which of them is more significant in the modern environment? This topic is perfect for a junior research paper.
- Media and altered beauty perceptions
Identify the shift of ideals and discuss the impact of social networks, especially Instagram, on the perceptions of a male and a female body.
Are you wondering what’s so easy about these topics?
It’s rather simple—these topics have plenty of prior research and information available on them, so writing your research paper will be a breeze.
Well, it was fun to come up with these examples of research paper topics, so hopefully you enjoyed reading them and found them useful.
Have you already picked a topic?
A few of them?
And you’re all set to go!
Good luck with your paper and keep in touch. Stay tuned for more academic writing inspiration!