Well, here’s the good news: those pesky problem and solution essays can be way better. All you need is an easy topic.
Here’s even better news: we’ve already compiled a list of 253 simple problem solution speech and essay topics for you.
📍 Problem-Solution Speech Topics 2023We’ll deliver a custom paper tailored to your requirements.
We'll even cut 15% OFF
your first order! Use discount
- How to deal with school bullying?
- Air pollution: sources, effects, and prevention measures.
- What are the efficient ways of dealing with cyberbullying?
- Google’s corporate strategy, problems, and solutions.
- Better education for special needs children.
- What measures can be implemented to tame the problem of homelessness?
- How to incorporate healthy eating habits into your daily routine?
- How to improve teacher’s performance and development?
- Steps to improve healthcare organizations.
- Best methods to educate the public about the most common health issues.
- Ways to improve communication between schools and the community.
- How can child obesity in the United States be solved?
- How can lean project management improve developmental activities?
- Climate change: impact and possible solutions.
- How to reduce drunk driving incidents to a minimum.
🔧 Problem-Solution Speech. Manual
You might be wondering what a problem-solution is?
If you have never heard of such a term before, it should still be pretty straightforward that it deals with solving problems.
This article is created specifically for people who need a little extra inspiration and guidance in creating a problem solution speech or essay.
We will start with an overview of several vital aspects. 👇
Challenges of Problem Solution Speech Topics
What do we have to deal with when talking about problem solution topics in the first place?
- Problem-solution scenario appears to play an essential role in the modern world. It finds application in various areas of our lives, especially in business, education, and government-related fields.
- It is more than just sharing the view. The main aim of any problem-solution speech is to encourage the audience to take some action or support a particular idea.
- Defining the problem clearly. You should gather enough evidence to prove that the issue is quite severe and needs attendance immediately.
- Everyone should be able to understand the details. Your speech needs to be comprehensive, and its central idea – easy to grasp.
- Are people aware of your problem? Do they all realize its seriousness? There should be a short introduction if your target audience doesn’t understand the relevance of the topic.
- Research your listeners. Your main goal is to gain audience support – be aware of all the biases they are susceptible to. Find counterarguments to their opposing arguments.
- Creating convincing arguments. However, this issue should be discussed separately since every topic needs a personalized approach.
- Don’t forget to use a reasonable tone and respect your audience. Being polite and open to criticism is essential for your reputation as a serious author.
Strategies for Creative Problem Solving
You already picked a problem?
Here are helpful solution options you need to know.
The most important thing is to make the solution practical and effective.
- Suggest adding something to the existing problem. For example, many social and cultural issues would be resolved if they received additional funding or staff. The opposite approach might be as practical – removing the source of the problem. So, it’s not an issue anymore.
- Creating and enforcing specific rules or laws. It might be applied in various areas, especially in the governmental field of work and education.
- Educate and motivate people. Some of the main reasons for existing social and health problems are that people are not aware of what they should do or simply lack motivation. It appears to be the focus of campaigns against drugs, smoking, and alcohol.
- Offer to make some changes in the method. It sometimes happens that a specific instrument does not work for everyone, so it should be changed. Another example is implementing successful marketing campaigns for various products.
- Probably the current leadership and strategy do not work. In human resources, education, and any area that needs a problem solution, this strategy might be the most effective.
Problem and Solution Text Structure
The structure of any problem-solution speech or presentation is relatively universal. Even though there are two main types of outline used, the components tend to stay the same.
You should always introduce the situation, helping your listeners understand the problem’s background. Then, you should define the issue itself, explaining its urgency and significance. After that, it is time to present your solution. In the end, there is usually a quick overview of the speech and a call for action.
The methods for outlining your problem solution speech are known for those who have experience in writing essays:
- The block method divides your speech into sections according to the categories. That is, first, you state all problems you have to address. Then make a short transition paragraph. Only then explain the solutions for the issues you discussed previously.
- The chain method has the same main components but is different in structure. Each time you talk about a problem, you need to discuss a solution. Therefore, if you want to address three issues, there should be three parts of the main body solving each problem at a time.
🎓 Problem Solution Speech Topics for College StudentsOur Experts can deliver
a custom essay
for a mere
Now, let’s get to the examples of the most relevant issues of today:
- How to prevent the increase in temperatures predicted to reach a dangerous point by the year 2100?
- How poverty causes crime, and is there a way to deal with it?
- What are the causes and possible solutions to India’s increasing death toll related to low air quality?
- How to take China out of the risk of losing the economy’s growth in the next several decades?
- How can the problem of posing education be solved?
- Total factor productivity: the issues with evaluating India’s output that shows productivity growth.
- Stagnating productivity as the cause of the unequal distribution of the world’s wealth. What are the solutions?
- Green Construction as an answer to environmental challenges.
- How to prevent the unemployment rates from increasing due to artificial intelligence development?
- How to achieve team cohesion?
- Technology as a threat to privacy and ways to deal with the problem?
- Best ways to address the health needs of an aging population.
- Webster University’s problems and solutions.
- How to protect societies from health issues related to overeating and low physical activity?
- The causes of air pollution and possible solutions.
- Practical solutions for the rising demand for talented employees in the STEM areas and lack of candidates.
- Is the driverless vehicle a solution to the high rates of death in the crushes on the roadways?
- Architecture and urbanism: how can more ecological and equitable cities be built with the latest technologies?
- How to improve your teamwork performance?
- What are the ways to reduce the cases of domestic violence in our society?
- Human genomes: how to avoid mistakes made while implementing any intelligence and lifespan enhancement tools?
- What are the most effective strategies suitable for diagnosing, treating, and preventing drug-resistant infections from becoming a threat?
- A step towards resolving financial issues facing U.S. higher education.
- Global development: how should the latest technologies in health, education, and nutrition be distributed among societies?
- Which strategies for dealing with epidemics and preparation methods can help prevent future global outbreaks?
- Technical urban planning: how should it be improved so that developing cities can find better solutions to increased global carbon emissions?
🎤 Easy Problem Solution Speech TopicsOn-Time Delivery! Receive your plagiarism-free paper done
in only 3 hours Learn more
Someone may find these issues trifling, but try to solve them 😊
- How the lack of self-confidence affects your life and ways to deal with it.
- The problem of fast fashion and ways to deal with it.
- The problem of sexual assault and possible solutions.
- Mental health problems: how can an open discussion be encouraged in our society?
- The challenges of consumerism culture and ways to solve them.
- Why do so many people face an existential crisis, and are there any ways to deal with the issue?
- What are the right ways to resolve the ethical issue of advertising a harmful product?
- How has texting affected face-to-face communication, and what are the possible solutions to the problem?
- How can music prevent insomnia and improve your sleeping habits?
- How informal organization creates problems for managers, and how can these issues be redressed?
- Is including sex education in the program as a complete course can help to prevent early pregnancy?
- Can becoming a volunteer solve the self-confidence problem?
- Gender-specific bathrooms: what is a better way to prevent sexual assaults?
- Excluding all the personal information details from the CV to reduce job market discrimination.
- How does donating and recycling clothes help with the world poverty issue?
- Student parking problem and ways to deal with it.
- What are the best ways to reduce stress and anxiety?
- Open discussions and effective communication at the workplace as the ultimate problem-solving approach.
- Some universities are not as diverse as others. How can a college attract students from various backgrounds?
- Social fatigue: how can spending some time alone help fight it?
- Best ways to address various academic and learning challenges.
- Educating couples about proper budgeting as the way to prevent money-related conflicts.
- Reducing stress from social activity by planning daily routine.
- Legalizing medical marijuana: issues and solutions.
- The effect of social media on adolescents and possible interventions to limit the negative outcomes.
- Why is implementing a vegetarian diet one of the best ways to fight obesity?
- Psychological and physiological reasons why chewing gum helps with smoking addiction.
- Risks of medical tourism and some possible solutions.
- Consumption of a specific amount of red wine as a way to help with stomach ulcers.
- Contradictory but effective solution: taking selfies to boost self-confidence.
- How well does online video chatting help sustain an excellent long-distance relationship?
- How can online fundraising campaigns help even more people in need?
- Do newspapers switching to online bases helps to reduce waste?
- Paper and reusable bags as an easy way to help reduce plastic waste.
- How strict should be water filtration rules to reduce water pollution?
- Planting trees as a way to deal with deforestation.
- Walking as the means of solving both pollution and health issues.
- How to better prepare students for adult life in the USA.
- How does setting up more drinking fountains help with reducing plastic pollution?
- What are the ways to increase attendance at sports events?
🍭 Problem Solution Persuasive Speech Topics
The persuasive approach is mainly different from the other with the tone of your speech. It needs to be encouraging and trustworthy enough so that your audience accepts your idea. In case you wonder what are the best problem solution persuasive speech topics, here are some examples:
- How to get at least eight hours of sleep every day, and why is it an issue?
- The strategies to stop the increased consumption of sugar that leads to obesity.
- The problem of school counseling: why do Professional School Counselors Need to Pay Attention to Ethics?
- The ways to avoid the negative influence of hate towards religions on societies.
- How to introduce more gender-neutral concepts to the job market.
- Teaching gender and equal rights at schools to help decrease gender-related social issues.
- Paper recycling as a way to deal with environmental issues.
- Internships for all college students as the solution to high unemployment rates.
- More frequent evaluation of teachers as the way to fix educational issues.
- Social media regulated by university administration: putting an end to suicides.
- Resistance to change in organizations: problems and solutions.
- Introducing intercultural studies and foreign language classes at school to fight biases.
- New technologies: the ways to encourage people to start reading books.
- The problem of expensive education: why should community colleges be free?
- The necessity to implement cyber courts to help with the issue of cyberbullying.
- The ways that science and religion can co-exist to reduce worldwide conflicts.
- Allowing students to make jokes in class as a way to make education more engaging.
- Can going online improve the existing education system?
- Saving endangered species: can the government’s involvement help to solve the problem?
- Having a pet as a way to deal with emotional stress and anxiety for college students.
- How can cultural diversity benefit the business?
- How do we prevent job discrimination related to race and religion?
- Free professional help for divorced people as a means to prevent serious psychological issues.
- How can listening to sad songs help people release their emotions when they are upset?
- The difficulties of learning: how can music improve your academic performance?
- Radical solutions: legalizing marijuana as a way of preventing crimes related to drugs.
- Allowing people with tattoos to get any job helps increase tolerance and empathy.
- Psychology: the art of being happy as a mandatory class in colleges for increasing mental health.
- Learning a second language as a way toward self-improvement.
- Strict policy regarding dating at the workplace as the means to prevent conflicts.
- Practical strategies for fighting and elevating poverty around the globe.
✨ Problem Cause Solution Speech Topics
Problem-cause-solution speech is a very effective way to persuade your audience that you are a reliable expert. It requires you to analyze the causes of the issue in detail and come up with the best solution!
- The leading causes of binge drinking on college campuses and the ways to eliminate it.
- What are the decisive reasons for the high car accident rate, and how do we decrease it?
- Causes of global warming and possible ways of solving the problem.
- Why are so many prisons getting overcrowded, and what is the most humane solution?
- Inflation and high cost of living: how to find the solution to those problems?
- The evaluation system for teachers as the means of improving the quality of school education.
- The problem of school dropouts and possible interventions.
- What are the leading causes of sex education failure in school, and how to fix it?
- Why are we so dependent on fossil fuels, and how do we solve this issue?
- What causes truancy, and how to deal with it?
- Reducing the use of plastic as a way to solve some of the environmental problems.
- What is contributing to the current obesity epidemic, and how do we stop it?
- The reasons some people are dependent on prescription drugs and ways to solve them.
- Why did London’s new ambulance service fail, and how can the issue be resolved?
- Engage college students to become more politically active as a way to raise political consciousness.
- The problem of personal vs. private privacy and ways to solve it.
- The problem of toxic relationships and ways to solve it.
- What causes violence on social media, and what are the best ways to deal with it?
- Why are many long-distance relationships unsuccessful, and what are the ways to change that?
- Communities: why have we stopped getting along with neighbors, and what are the solutions?
- Kodak company’s strategic issue and solution.
- What causes so many teenagers to fall into depression, and how can family and teachers help to solve this issue?
- The leading causes of athletes using steroids in sports, and how can we stop it?
- What causes air pollution, and how to deal with it?
- Why do some teens keep dropping out of school, and how can it be prevented?
- How should we educate parents about controlling their child’s social media use, and why is that a problem at all?
- How do parents shape children’s understanding of relationships and ways to avoid bad influences and scenarios?
- Amazon Local Company’s failure: reasons and ways to fix it.
- Hackers can attack digital transactions. What are the ways to keep them safe?
- The main reasons for information overload and how should people avoid it?
📝 Problem Solution Essay Topics for Business
- Marketing ROI: the problem of ROI assessment and the potential solutions.
- How to avoid labor exploitation.
- What are the responsible management challenges and solutions for the B.P. company?
- The issue of youth unemployment and possible solutions.
- How should companies audit their policies to ensure they discourage, rather than encourage, discrimination among workers?
- H.R. portfolio of evidence: project management and problem-solving techniques.
- How to effectively avoid social problems in a workplace.
- How do you deal with the problem of alcoholism at work?
- How to avoid sexual harassment in the workplace?
- Ways to deal with the company’s global communication problems.
- How to deal with the food prices increase?
- How can a company maintain a good conflict-resolution strategy?
- Ways to avoid bankruptcy.
- Classic Airlines marketing problems and possible solutions.
- The problem of monopolization in America: can a small business survive?
- Ways to improve employees’ satisfaction.
- How to incorporate problem-solving into marketing.
- How can Amazon Company’s ethical problems and challenges be resolved?
- Gender pay-gap issue in the U.S. and possible solutions.
- Ways to solve management problems in the tourism and hospitality industry
💭 Problem Solution Essay Topics 2023
Let’s see which 2023 problems are the most relevant so that you can use them as a problem solution essay topic:
- Is relying on COVID-19 vaccines the right strategy to fight the world pandemic?
- University education: problems and possible ways to improve?
- Accepting the new normal or fighting for the old normal: which is more effective for stopping the outbreak?
- Employing a diverse workforce: challenges and solutions.
- How do we help the most vulnerable communities during the COVID-19 outbreak?
- How to cultivate respect for other cultures?
- Learning issues in the public school system and ways to improve the condition.
- Climate change: is being prepared for the effects a better solution than trying to prevent it?
- What are the ways in which digital giants can improve to avoid information breaches and exposure?
- Innovative strategies to make big cities more equal and less divided for their citizens.
- How using renewable resources can help deal with climate change?
- How do migrants affect public health systems, and what should we do about it?
- How can we help small-scale farmers with adaptation to climate change?
- What are the best leadership styles that can contribute to the business’s success during COVID-19?
- The new ways to fact-check information online and prevent dangerous rumors.
- Restation of local economies by helping small businesses and encouraging young talents.
- Interdisciplinary studying: benefits, challenges, and solutions.
- Right and effective leadership as a way of achieving sustainable development goals.
- How can international collaboration for every country help to achieve carbon neutrality?
- Cloud services for businesses: issues, benefits, and possible solutions.
- What are the ways to reduce the number of tobacco consumption?
- The U.N. and multilateralism: how can we achieve more by working together as humanity?
- How can market analysis benefit the company?
- How can we help cultural cohesion and stop fragmentation by avoiding multiculturalism?
- How are social issues such as violence and racism addressed in gangsta rap and rock music?
- Making cyberbullying a criminal offense as one of the most effective ways to fight it.
- Restore humanities: teaching children how to be humans as the way to solve the global crisis.
- Way to make an advertising campaign successful?
- Promoting values and cognitive behavioral therapy to fight mental health issues.
- How can promoting open debates on essential topics help fight herd mentality?
📚 Problem Solution Essay Topics for College Students
There is a variety of disciplines in this list, so any college student can find something suitable for them here:
- One random act of kindness as a way to create happier societies.
- Funding volunteering promotion as a way to boost people’s awareness.
- Social media and its effect on the younger generation: problems and solutions.
- Can everyone having personal solar panels help to save the environment?
- How do augmented reality glasses help people with disabilities see the world?
- Can strict gun control laws reduce the number of homicide cases committed in the USA?
- The problem with dolls: why should we promote the production of dolls of different shapes and colors for children?
- What rules should be introduced to fight market monopolization and increase competition?
- What can society do to prevent people from getting an eating disorder?
- Can students’ active involvement in the learning process improve their academic results?
- Implementing A.I. and machine learning methods to help companies build a relationship with their customers.
- Promoting a specific level of individualism in a business setting to help problem-solving.
- How can total transparency boost the customer’s trust and increase sales?
- Time management problem and possible solutions.
- How can athletes prevent injuries that take them out of competitive sports?
- Setting some responsibilities and duties for children as the way to help them become more successful in life.
- Studying abroad and graduate employability: challenges and recommendations.
- Why does developing family traditions help the more substantial relationship and reduce conflicts?
- What is the main problem with current meal plans at schools, and what is the solution?
- Educating people about herbal remedies as a way to promote over-the-counter medicines.
- The challenges and solutions of introducing a new performance management system for a multicultural team.
- What policies should be implemented to eliminate the problem of child labor?
- Is raising the prices of tobacco an effective way to make humanity healthier?
- Switching to online learning platforms as the new approach to available and affordable education.
- Can the implementation of electric cars bring some positive environmental changes and a decrease in air pollution?
- Do kids prefer to read eBooks, and how can we use them to encourage book reading?
- Setting fair prices for streaming services as the way to fight online piracy.
- How can organizational goals help the company succeed?
- Should we all use adblocking software to avoid online fraud and malware?
- Creating more natural habitats such as national parks as a way to protect endangered species.
- How do you effectively manage organizational behavior?
- Small steps: how does local buying help reduce soil pollution from big companies?
- Kids and sports: how the lack of professional sports guides can be addressed?
- Should we pay more attention to cleaning trees from invasive vegetation?
- How to stop animal poaching by promoting the use of ethical materials?
🐻 Problem Solution Essay Topics for Middle School
Here are some great examples of topics that may interest or be discussed by middle school students:
- Can a college degree be one of the solutions for reducing the risks of divorce?
- Learning to smile through pain as the way to make you feel better.
- Online learning vs. face-to-face learning: problems and solutions.
- Small changes in life as a way to treat depression.
- Listening to audiobooks as a way to improve your literacy?
- Tourism industry: why should it be supported, what challenges does it faces, and what are the solutions?
- Switching chairs in classrooms to more comfortable ones as the way to improve attendance.
- If most of the world’s population turns vegetarians, will it help climate change?
- The issues with high school uniforms and possible solutions.
- The effectiveness of placing more speed bumps to reduce the rates of accidents.
- Implementing mandatory student exchange programs in colleges to fight cultural biases.
- The danger of popular diets and ways to deal with it.
- Fixing pollution issues as the only way to secure healthy nations in the Future.
- How does a fair division of house chores help prevent family conflicts?
- Homeschooling: issues and possible solutions.
- Owning and petting a cat regularly as the best way to reduce stress?
- What are the best ways to prevent deaths due to drunk driving?
- How to keep a workplace safe, and why is it important?
- How does playing team sports help with communication skills in teenagers?
- How to deal with challenges at work as a team leader?
- Can people using eBooks contribute to solving environmental issues?
- How do handwritten letters help share emotions within the family during the conflict?
- How can we use online communication to learn languages more effectively?
- Dealing with conflict: strategies for responses.
- How does the cultural trend of “going green” help with environmental changes?
- Should we focus on inventing more renewable energy sources to help pollution?
💊 Problem Solution Topics. Solutions
Here are some great examples of problem solution speech topics to get an idea of what it should look like:
- Uncontrolled use of the internet among children
- Limit the time kids spend on the internet.
- Make sure that kids use only appropriate for their age websites.
- Place the computer in an open common area to easily monitor kids’ activity.
- Educate teenagers on the unprecedented danger of using the internet.
- Drug prevention among school students
- Parents should support their kids to make sure they can resist the influence of drug abuse.
- Schools should create programs that spread awareness of the consequence of drug use.
- The community should be more involved in drug prevention activities.
- The government should implement policies that address drug use among school-age youth.
- Physical child abuse
- Enforce strong laws against child abusers.
- Spread awareness regarding the problem of child abuse.
- Take matters of child abuse seriously and lead comprehensive investigations.
- Eating and weight-related disorders
- Implement behavior therapy that helps patients plan and deal with their strong food cravings.
- Use a cognitive approach that helps patients to channel and be in control of their negative thoughts.
- Expose patients to interpersonal psychotherapy, which focuses on “family-based” treatment.
- Dropout students in public schools
- Parents should talk to their kids about their future career plans and encourage their developing interests and beginnings.
- Schools should facilitate tutoring, mentoring, and out-of-school programs.
- The government should provide more social and financial support to the students and their families.
- Internet security threats and protection
- Avoid opening suspicious messages and e-mail attachments, especially from unknown users.
- Avoid Executing any Executable Programs in the attachments.
- Avoid downloading cracked software on websites.
- Block Scripts by Default in Internet Browsers.
- Install anti-virus software ad security patches.
- Disable Autorun for C.D.s, Flash Drives, and other Removable Media.
- Threats affecting the ocean
- Switch to biodegradable materials for packaging.
- Reduce the consumption of goods that use non-biodegradable plastic.
Check out this link for more perspective solutions: 10 Measures that Must Be Taken to Prevent More Flooding in the Future
- Keeping good interpersonal communication within a family.
- Learn to identify barriers and problems.
- Build your own self-concept.
- Try to strengthen your emotional intelligence.
- Work on your self-disclosure and be open with your partner or family members.
- Learn to handle the conflicts.
- Low self-esteem among children
- Parents should make sure that their kids feel loved and accepted.
- Praise children when they achieve their accomplishments, and don’t criticize them in front of their peers.
- Teach children to have positive self-statements and give them a chance to evaluate themselves. Let the children see how their good actions positively affect others.
You got lucky when you found our list of problem solution speech topics! We will also direct you to other resources that will help you write a paper 😎
Start with this complete breakdown of how to write a problem solution essay, then create a problem solution speech structure, and—voila—you’re all set to conquer your text!
Check out more sources below in references.
And if you are still struggling with it, simply read some problem solution essay examples for both college and high school.
Have you grabbed a couple of problem solution essay topics from our list?
Good luck with solving them now🍀