When you almost sank into despair and nearly lost all your hope and optimism… you finally found this list of the top 135 persuasive essay topics.
And life becomes colorful again—you don’t need to rack your brains anymore.
All you need to start a great persuasive essay is here:
🥑 Best Persuasive Essay Topics: Some Food for Thought
The best questions for argumentative essays have no obvious answers and always bring together some conflicting options.
Here are a few examples:
- Does smoking help people make acquaintances?
- Should students add their teachers as friends on Facebook?
- Is the first impression of a person always right?
- Are conflicts necessary for healthy relationships?
- Should lecture attendance be optional?
- Is business ethics an obsolete concept and an oxymoron?
- Should companies try to copy what their competitors do?
- Can businesses learn from their customers’ complaints?
- Should all energy drinks be banned?
- Is China a new superpower?
👍 Easy Persuasive Essay Topics: Keep Them Simple
Don’t settle for one of the boring, classic topics for topics for persuasive writing, such as abortion, euthanasia or gun control.
Good debate topics can be much easier to write about and more optimistic:
- Should employees be allowed to use social media sites at work?
- Should companies send “happy birthday” messages to clients?
- Would Shakespeare’s plays be more interesting if shortened?
- Should internet slang like “LOL” and “IMHO” be included in dictionaries?
- Does the English language need to be simpler?
- Should kids be allowed to draw on walls?
- Do modern schools depend too much on technology?
- Do online students have better chances to cheat?
- Should hospitals use placebo treatments?
- Do innovations really make us lazier?
✨ Amazing Topics for Persuasive Essays: Get Inspired
The easiest way to write an A+ persuasive paper is to choose a topic that truly interests you:
- Can college athletes be smart?
- Should students have profiles on all major social networks?
- Should people abandon cash and use plastic cards only?
- Should countries have “one-car-per-family” policies?
- Should we preserve old buildings as historical monuments?
- Are some TV ads objects of art?
- Is music in shopping malls harmful to employees’ well-being?
- Can listening to favorite music heal?
- Should journalists who distort the truth to make the news more sensational be punished?
- Should all TV channels have censorship?
😂 Funny Persuasive Essay Topics: Have Fun!
If you’re still here, then you’re probably looking for something special, like these controversial argumentative essay topics:
- Do SOPA and PIPA make pirates more skilled?
- Is negative PR the secret behind Justin Bieber’s success?
- Should Wikipedia give diplomas to their most faithful readers?
- Can diamonds be girls’ best friends?
- Is the way to a man’s heart through his stomach?
- Should couples live together before marriage?
- Should parents tell their kids about the birds and the bees?
- Can virtual reality be dangerous for kids?
- Can we call any war “a peacemaking operation”?
- Is too much political correctness making communication more confusing?
⭐ Great Ideas for Persuasive Essays: Check Them All!
Still curious? Okay, here are 10 more amazing ideas that will surely catch your eye:
- Are early marriages more likely to end in divorce?
- Do elderly people receive better care in retirement homes than with family members?
- Should hyperactive kids receive treatment?
- Should mind reading during poker games be banned?
- Should parents pass tests before homeschooling their kids?
- Should parents lie to their kids about Santa Claus?
- Does Beavis and Butthead have a negative impact on youth?
- Is it fair to use the results of standardized tests to define schools’ budgets?
- Are optimism and success infectious?
- Is the Bermuda triangle a creation of our imagination?
🤔 Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
Do you think that your professor could use a good laugh while reading your essay? Then consider choosing one of these humorous, free argumentative essay topics for college:
- Should you get a tattoo on your face?
- Do voluntourism trips only benefit the travelers themselves, and not the local communities?
- How many Facebook friends is it healthy to have?
- Should we get rid of all euphemisms and say things as they are?
- Is it ethical to blame your dog for eating your homework?
- What is the best use for duct tape other than taping things?
- Other than sheep, what should you count when you’re trying to fall asleep?
- What’s the real meaning of children’s fairy tales and nursery rhymes?
- Should you hunt your own Thanksgiving turkey instead of buying it from a store?
- Should people be able to patent their ideas?
- Should soccer moms establish their own soccer league?
- Should we have more jobs like being a panda hugger?
- Is Esperanto a failed language?
- Are Millennials unhealthily addicted to social media?
- Is it possible to live your entire life without leaving a trace online?
😁 Funny and Humorous Persuasive Speech Topics
Are you looking for good persuasive speech topics? Congratulations, today is your lucky day! Here are some creative speech ideas:
- Why do you deserve to teach the class instead of your professor?
- What are the best pick-up lines?
- Should soccer players be allowed to fight on the field?
- Should society have child-free restaurants?
- Is Coke better than Pepsi?
- Should the lottery be illegal?
- Should everyone climb Mount Everest at least once in their lives?
- Should the law prohibit taking selfies while driving?
- Are moist cookies better than dry cookies?
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should students be allowed to wear dreadlocks at school?
- Should you refuse to sign a prenuptial agreement?
- Should you create your own subculture?
- Should students be graded on their computer literacy?
- Should marijuana be legalized around the world?
- Should meat lovers be more mindful of vegetarians?
- Should everyone abandon cars and ride bikes instead?
- Should airlines have a two-seat policy for heavier people?
- Should you add your parents as friends on Facebook?
- Is the sharing economy essentially the same thing as communism?
📖 Essence and structure of argumentation
Argumentative essay on the essence and structure of argumentation
If you are at the loss what topic to select, you may try to speak about argumentation itself since there is a lot of dispute about its nature, structure, and models. For instance:
- Should students choose research and essay themes? Some teachers believe that students feel more confident in their writing when they are free to select the subject.
- Can argumentative writing help in different life situations? There is an opinion that this type of task is non-applicable in practice.
- Do good arguments help resolve conflicts or do they evoke the desire to contradict? Some people involved in discussions purely for the sake of arguing.
- Would popular persuasive speeches produce the same impact on the audience of today? Some scholars believe that they would not impress the modern audience.
- Can college essay starters achieve academic excellence in writing through self-learning? You can dwell on the necessity (or lack of it) to guide essay-writing.
- Is argumentative essay for college students an easier task than for school students? Although the former is more experienced, the latter is believed to have a better imagination.
- Can it be stated that specific argumentative issues lack real problem to be discussed? There are plenty of topics that artificially create a problem where there is none.
- Can a good discursive essay be composed without proper argumentation? Some argue that it is possible to do without it.
- Does an argumentative paper format produce any impact on its message and value? There are those who believe that the content of an essay is directly affected by its form.
- Can argumentative essay exercises in school contribute to writing skills demonstrated in college and university? It is often the case when students have to re-educate since their skills are useless.
- Can essay subjects be too ordinary to develop good argumentation or does it depend on the ability of the writer? Prove that a good writer can or cannot deepen any topic.
- Are some controversial essays missing controversy? Some questions fail to present mutually exclusive positions.
- Do argumentative essays with sources have a higher persuasive power than those that based on the author’s opinion only? Some professors think that students should not cite other people’s thoughts but rely on their own.
- Do argumentative essay notes help students organize their writing or do they only distract attention? There are different approaches to essay preparation that you can agree or disagree.
- Do short argumentative essays lack depth? Some believe that the length of the assignment affects its content.
- Is an accepted college essay format assistance or limitation? Although it may limit creativity, it may as well assist students in structuring their ideas.
- Should students prepare debate arguments in advanced or develop in the course of debates? You may stand with proper preparation or total improvisation.
- Does a formal argumentative essay lack personalization? There is an opinion that formality deprives an essay of a personal perspective
- Is writing a persuasive essay a skill or a talent? While some believe that it can be trained, others argue that it is a talent (like eloquence).
- Should an argumentative style of writing be formalized? Here, you can provide your view concerning the necessity of universal stylistic clichés.
- Do good persuasive speeches require personal charisma or is strong argumentation sufficient? Discuss the impact of the human factor.
- Can an argumentative paper fail because of its neutral tone? Should a writer be detached or involved – it is up to you to decide.
- Is there a difference between an argumentative and persuasive essay or are they the same? You can argue that this difference is only in terminology.
- Can persuasive issues get outdated? Some believe that there are temporary and timeless topics.
- Is there a universal argumentative essay model or it depends entirely on the author? You may defend any of these two opinions.
📡 Modern technologies and the internet
Persuasive essay on modern technologies and the internet
- The rate of mass murders in educational institution increases owing to the popularity of computer games. While some consider them harmless, others think that they make kids aggressive.
- Modern technologies make people lonelier and more depressive. Your persuasive essay may argue that although the Internet connects people, there are still concerns that it may make them more reserved.
- The use of filthy language on the internet negatively affects the quality of vocabulary in daily life. While some people think that our speech can be different in different contexts, others are convinced that it may be negatively affected by the internet communication.
- Modern teenagers lack survival skills due to their reliance on technologies. Your discursive essay should stress the idea that they are helpless when it comes to real dangers.
- Live communication will soon minimize due to smartphones. It may become unnecessary to establish personal contacts in the nearest future, which is a worrisome issue.
- Educational system gains more than it loses with the development of technologies. Your argumentation may be built around the idea that despite some complaints, children still benefit from technologies in education.
- Gadgets restrict children’s imagination. Some psychologists claim that devices kill their creativity.
- The rapid technological development will lead to a global crisis. Technologies require a lot of resources that may become exhausted.
- The dependence of the world on the internet is excessive. People barely imagine their routine without it, which is already an addiction. You may choose an original essay format.
- Internet users need online censorship. This can limit kids’ access to particular resources.
- Some sites must be banned. For example, sites those promote aggressive or inadequate behaviors, violence, etc.
- Facebook and other social networks pose a threat to your privacy. Plenty of confidential information is at risk if you keep it on Facebook. The debate should concern policy issues.
- Kids should be denied access to the internet. They can be unprepared to face its dangers.
- The virtual relationship cannot exist for a long time. People who lack a real contact cannot develop a trusting bond.
- The internet violates intellectual property rights. The access to such property should be limited. Build your paper on evidence from legislation.
🎨 Art essay topics
- Can artists ever earn their living? Some people still believe that an artist is not a real profession.
- Is there a superior kind of art or do they all have equal value? You may write a persuasive paper in favor of one or two.
- Is American art in decline? You can hear that its quality deteriorates.
- Does modern art require talent or can one rely on ambition only? Think about the evidence that perseverant artists achieve success even if their skills are far from outstanding.
- Do lyrics in today’s songs make any sense? Musicians and poets often claim that there is none. You can disagree on popular discursive articles on the topic if you feel like it.
- Does the mainstream culture make people dull and limited? You can argue whether it is possible to develop and still adhere to the mainstream.
- Does conceptualism make art lose its value? Many critics believe that art has become a form of business. Argumentation papers on this topic must rely on philosophical works.
- Should one be wealthy to be able to build a career in art? It is often the case that only rich people can stay afloat.
- Is the art of professional criticism lost for good? Criticism has gone with the whole epoch.
- Is American cinematography now much worse than European or is it prejudice? This comparison often evokes disputes.
Wow – you’ve read them all! You are a real expert when it comes to persuasive essay topics. And that’s great! Because these topics are a proven recipe for an A+ essay.
Now that you’re ready to start writing your argumentative essay, what should you do next?
Having selected a good topic to argue about, you now need to create an argumentative essay outline. Read and analyze some persuasive essay examples to learn more about the structure and vocabulary used in this type of essay.
If you liked our good and easy argumentative essay topics, then take a look at our other helpful essay topic articles.
For more amazing essay ideas, check out:
- Best Psychology Persuasive Speech Topics & Essay Ideas for 2020
- Top 100 Research Topics for ABM Strand Students [Upd. 2020]
Happy writing, dear friends! See you again!