Let’s be honest: your classes not always fire you with enthusiasm. Sometimes you let your thoughts wander. Sometimes you have to fight sleepiness.
Here are some working tricks to help you stay awake during the most boring lectures.
Check out the following 30 fun and useful things to do when bored in class:
- If a teacher uses some word/gesture too often, count how many times s/he uses it during this lecture.
- Hold your breath and see how long you can hold it.
- Compete with your friend who can hold breath longer.
- Massage lobes of your ears not to fall asleep.
- Draw notes instead of writing. Try to make these notes useful.
- Draw something simply to stay awake.
- Send a text message to a student next to you.
- Send a paper note to someone you hardly know.
- Think of your plans for tonight.
- Do eye gymnastics.
- Check your feeling of time.
- Do homework on other subjects if possible.
- Go to the bathroom and never come back.
- Zone out, supporting your head.
- Observe your classmates, make their psychological portraits.
If, however, it doesn’t help and you’re still bored in class and too close to falling asleep:
- Chew a gum.
- Look through the window.
- Imagine your teacher speaking funny voices.
- Play classroom bingo with someone.
- Write down the lyrics of your favorite song from your memory.
- Raise you hand and ask to repeat something every now and then.
- Try to make notes with your left hand if you’re right-handed and vice versa.
- Read something funny with your friend and try not to laugh.
- Bet someone you will be able not to look at your watch the entire lecture.
- Exercise your face muscles when teacher is not looking.
- Superglue a coin to the floor and see how a teacher will try to get it.
- Raise your hand and when teacher asks you, say you forgot what you wanted.
- Play a game ‘code word’. If a teacher says a certain ‘code’ word, everyone in class have to stand up.
- Bring ear plugs and try to read your teachers’ lips.
- When a teacher turns back, everyone in class slowly move desks forward. When the teachers moves around, you stop it immediately.
What do you usually do when you’re bored in class?