In most cases, all you need to start an excellent research paper is an interesting research paper topic. Here are some really good ideas that might help you kick start your projects:
🍉 Interesting research paper topics on food
- Can chocolate be addictive?
- Reasons for food allergies.
- The risks of wine-tasting as a profession.
- Women and food in America.
- Tea as an element of Chinese culture
🎵 Interesting research topics on music
- Music therapy.
- Music in advertising.
- Rap music and violence.
- Religious music.
- Women in music.
🎓 Interesting research topics on education
- Educational information overload.
- Pros and cons of homeschooling.
- Homosexuality in school curricula.
- Benefits of bilingual education.
- Drug testing in schools.
😩 Interesting research topics on depression
- Can depression be genetic?
- Main causes of depression.
- Intentional happy thoughts can’t cure depression.
- Talk therapy is not the same as talking to a friend.
- Women are more likely than men to be depressed.
🌐 Interesting research topics on social media
- The use of hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.
- Privacy strategies for social media users post-Snowden.
- The use of Twitter for local news.
- Social media preferences by ethnicity.
- Online bullying’s offline consequences.
💡 Interesting research topics: Uncategorized
- Can happy relationships help keep you healthy?
- Food cravings: Can food control you?
- Why is the public belief in climate change rising?
- Twilight Saga: Bella’s desire for eternal life as a vampire as her longing for a stable family.
- Obesity: Genetics vs. upbringing.
- Creativity and job satisfaction.
- Can Miley Cyrus be blamed for the popularity of twerking?
- Children and TV violence.
- Children online: Are educational benefits worth the risks?
- Are children of same-sex parents special?
Would you like to get some more ideas for research paper topics? What subjects interest you the most?
Not sure how to find a great topic for your research project? Can’t make up your mind about which research paper topic you should choose?
Read the following tips to choose an ideal topic for your research paper!
❓ How to choose a research paper topic
Writing a research paper takes a lot of time, so it is very important to choose a research paper topic that you will really enjoy working with. However, choosing an interesting topic for your research paper can sometimes be a challenging task. Read this useful guide and take advantage of these simple ideas to choose a great topic for your research paper.
- Choose the research paper topic that you are interested in.
The research process will be much smoother if you care about the topic of your paper. It will make doing research easier, faster, and more enjoyable for you. And best of all, your reader will see that you are truly enthusiastic about the topic of your research paper.
- Choose an interesting research paper topic that is familiar to you.
The more you know about your research paper topic, the less research you will have to do.
- Narrow your research topic to a manageable size.
If your topic is too broad, you will not be able to focus your paper because there is simply too much information to cover. Whatever research paper topic you choose, make sure you can really explore it and prove your point in the small amount of space you have. In reality, the majority of topics for research papers are far too big for a few pages. Some quick background reading will help you limit the scope of your research paper topic.
- Find your own interesting way to approach the topic for research.
Although you need to read a lot of resources while you research, don’t just copy another article’s organization or format. Instead, think about your topic deeply and come up with your own unique way to write about it. This will give your research paper structure and help you formulate your thesis statement.
- Review the guidelines on the selection of the research paper topic given in your assignment.
Before you spend a lot of time researching and writing, make sure your chosen topic fits the assignment instructions. You may also ask your professor for any suggestions.
- Review your lecture notes and textbooks to refresh your knowledge of the subject.
Chances are that you already have a lot of great resources to work with. Spend some reviewing your class materials to get some inspiration.
- Start researching!
Read some books and try to find interesting ideas for research paper topics. Look for the topic for your paper or essay in the news or online.
- Discuss your research ideas with your friends.
They may help you focus your topic by discussing some great ideas that did not occur to you at first.
Brainstorming is a brilliant way to choose a topic for any research paper, term paper, essay, or article. Make a list of ideas that interest you. Write down everything that comes to mind, and continue writing until you have a long list of research topic ideas.
- Think of the “who”, “what”, “when”, “where” and “why” questions:
- Who provides information on this topic? Who might publish information on your research topic?
- What are the main questions for this research topic? Is there a broad discussion on this topic? What issues and viewpoints should be considered?
- When is/was your research topic important? Is it a current or historical event? Can you compare your topic for a research paper or essay over time?
- Where is your research paper topic important? Is it at the local, national, or international level? What specific places are affected by the topic of your research paper?
- Why did you select the topic for your research paper? Why are you interested in it? What is your opinion about the topic?
❌ Research paper topics you should avoid
There are certain topics that you should never use when writing your research paper or essay.
Here are four types of topics to avoid at all costs:
- Personal stories and information
You cannot write a research paper about yourself. By definition, a research paper requires you to do research using available sources.
- Topics with no available information
You cannot write a research paper on a topic with no available data.
- Topics that are too narrow
You cannot find enough information to write a research paper with a too specific topic.
- Topics that are too broad
If you have too much data, you cannot do in-depth research and write an impressive paper.
Some students are afraid to write a research paper on controversial topics, such as the death penalty, for fear of offending someone. But remember that you shouldn’t present your own opinion or views about such issues in a research paper. You should instead make logical arguments supported by thorough research and data. By doing so, your readers will appreciate the accuracy and validity of your research, even if they do not share the views presented in your research paper.
Use these ideas to choose a strong and interesting research paper topic and make your project a success!